Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkins & Squash - Squash & Pumpkins!

Okay, I really was not planning to post again until tonight, when I published the Pumpkin Pie Bread recipe, but I read an email earlier that made me want to share it right away.  Do you ever have those moments when you get so excited about something and you absolutely have to share it immediately, it can NOT wait or you might forget it later?  No?  Well, maybe it's just me, then.  It doesn't mean that I'm any less excited about it, but by the time I have a few minutes to think, it's usually around 9:30 at night, and my brain is starting to shutdown.  But, back to this email that caused all the hubbub.  It was an article about pumpkins and squash!  Are you as thrilled about this as I am?  I mean, what says Fall better than pumpkins & squash?  You're right, the changing leaves say Fall.  And, yes, the chill in air does a pretty fine job of saying Fall, too, but do you have to be so nitpicky?  Pumpkins & squash say Fall to me.  Shhhh!  If you're quiet and don't make any sudden movements, they might say it to you, too........................Did you hear them yet?  This might help:


Isn't this a handy dandy chart for telling the different kinds of pumpkins & squash?  I knew several, but by no means all of them.  Now, what are you supposed to do after you read and memorize all of these types?  I have that covered, too.  Here are a couple of links that were in the email, as well:
http://www.ebfarm.com/search/recipes?for=Winter%20Squash


Do you see why I got all squirrelly?  The possibilities are endless!  My mission is to hunt down some of these lesser known varieties and see what recipes I can come up with.  Enjoy!  P.S. There will be a quiz later so you better study!

No comments:

Post a Comment