Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Standard Seasoning Mix

I use a lot of the same seasonings in many dishes.  To keep it simple for the blog, I am going to post the recipe for the seasoning mix so that in future recipes, I can just say, "1 Tbsp of Standard Seasoning Mix."  I think it will be easier that way.

Here it is:

2 Tablespoons Peppercorns
1 Tablespoon, each, Rosemary, Fennel Seed, Lawry's Season Salt, Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb, and McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb

Roughly crush the peppercorns in a mortar and pestle, or put in a double-layer of ziplock sandwich bags & roll over with a rolling pin or empty wine bottle.  Next add the Rosemary & Fennel Seed.  Do another rough crush with those.  Add the remaining ingredients & crush into a pretty fine seasoning blend.  Store in an airtight container.  Use with meats, veggies, pasta, potatoes - pretty much anything!

*Note:  If you don't like fennel, feel free to leave that out.  We love the peppery bite in our family, but I've found that people either love it or hate it.  There's very little middle ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment