Friday, January 4, 2013

Mediterranean Pork Roast

Have I mentioned before that I love gadgets?  No?  Well, I do.  Maybe it all stems from my deep-seated desire to be a spy.  I love books and movies about international espionage and intrigue.  And, the spies always have the coolest toys!  I'm very envious!  But, since I will never be a spy, I have to be content with techie and food gadgets.  Of course, hands down, my favorites are food gadgets.  If it's new and appears like it will make food prep or cooking easier, I want it!  The problem is that I don't have enough space for all the things I want.

So, what has me talking about spies and gadgets?  Well, I got a new toaster oven over the weekend and I adore it!  It is large, has a convection oven, and (here's the best part that has me all excited) a rotisserie!  In all honesty, that was the feature that sold it for me.  I couldn't wait to use it.  And, because I have zero patience, you get to reap the benefits.  I christened it with this wonderful pork roast that I'm fairly confident you will like also.  (Not to worry, though, if you don't have a rotisserie, you can still roast this in your oven.)

Here's you Cast of Characters.


6 Large garlic cloves, slivered
6 - 7 Sun-dried tomato halves, cut into slivers, also
1 Teaspoon crushed rosemary
2 - 3 Lb. boneless pork roast

Rub:
1/2 Teaspoon, each, Lawry's seasoning salt, freshly ground pepper, Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb blend, McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb blend, McCormick Tuscan seasoning

Make sure that you have the same amount of garlic and tomato slivers.  Next, make the same number of cuts into your roast, just deep enough to stuff the garlic and tomatoes.



Push a sliver of garlic first, followed by a tomato, down into the cut.  Take a pinch of rosemary and put it into the cut, as well.


Continue until all the slits have been filled.


Mix the remaining seasonings, and rub into the pork.  If using a rotisserie, place on spit, and follow roasting directions.


Look how good it looks!


Cook approximately 20 - 30 minutes per pound, or until a minimum of 145 degrees internal temperature.


When it's done, cover the meat with foil and let it rest for 10 - 15 minutes.  Slice against the grain.


See those beautiful pieces of garlic and tomato?  They are so good!

Enjoy!

*Note:  You can roast in a 325 oven, too.  Simply place on a wire rack in your roaster, and cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment