Friday, January 25, 2013

Game Day Spicy Chili Cheese Dip

As this week comes to a close, I am worn out.  Work has been crazy busy, which is good, but I am all in.  I have no grand recipe up my sleeve tonight.  It was all I could do to come up with something quick and simple.  I actually thought about skipping the blog in favor of going to bed early, but just couldn't do it.  The guilt started to kick in at the very idea.  Then I realized that, with Super Bowl next weekend, this recipe was very timely.  So please forgive the briefness of the post.  I can't seem to muster anything very interesting or witty to say.  All I can focus on is the moment when I get to watch the back of my eyelids.

Now, for the recipe, most of you will recognize the base as a classic party dip:  velveeta, sausage and beanless chili.  That's good, but I like to add more depth to it.  Give it a little more weight.  Change things up a bit, because if you've learned anything about me, it's that I can't leave any recipe as is.  I don't believe it's in my genetic makeup.

Here's your Cast of Characters.


2 Lbs. pork sausage (1 lb. hot and 1 lb. regular)
Large jar medium queso dip (I used a 23 oz. jar)
2 - 10 Oz. cans rotel tomatoes with lime and cilantro
2 - 15 Oz. cans beanless chili (1 hot and 1 regular)
(For added heat, I throw in some chopped, pickled jalapeno slices.  I was just too tired to mess with chopping tonight.)

In a medium pot, brown sausage over medium heat, breaking up any large chunks as it cooks.


Dump in remaining ingredients and stir well.



Let this cook on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes; just until heated through and flavors have blended.


Grab a bunch of friends and serve with your favorite chips.


Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment