Friday, December 7, 2012

This is one of the many reasons I love my husband...

My husband, Chris, knows I have been hitting the books hard, and wanted to help out.  He came home from work, didn't say anything, instead just started taking things out to make for supper.  Before long, the house was filled with the aroma of fried onions and my mouth was watering.  I must admit, it was really hard to concentrate.

Before long, he had multiple pans going, and the Ninja had been put to work.  It seemed like hours, but really it was only about 20 minutes, before he announced that it was ready.  "It" being patty melts and strawberry milkshakes! 

Chris' meals are not healthy, in the least, but they are so good that you just don't care!  There are a couple of things that he does better than anyone, even restaurants - hamburgers and steaks.  I would love to give you recipes for those, but I simply can't.  I have tried to use the same seasonings and techniques as he does, without success.  I just can't compare.  So, tonight's post doesn't contain any tips on how to make these delicious, but sooooo naughty, dishes.  If you want to try to figure it out, stop by my house sometime and you can watch him at work.  Maybe you'll have more luck than I've had over the years.  I've actually given up - why try to make it as good as he does when he'll make it for me?

This is what my wonderful husband prepared, while we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for "Friday Family Movie Night."


I love a good strawberry shake more than I like chocolate shakes.  THIS was a good strawberry shake!  Creamy, not too thick, and full of strawberry flavor!


Patty melt, how I adore thee!  You may be bad for me, my arteries and waistline may protest, but every now and then, I put all of that aside.  Let me tell you, if you are going to take a break from healthy eating, this is the meal for you!

Thank you for making supper, and making my life easier today, Honey!  I certainly did "Enjoy" it!

I'll see you guys back here tomorrow for a new recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment