Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chocolate Peppermint Coffee Creamer

One of the nice things about my new job is that I am able to work from home when my children are sick.  That's a huge plus, considering my son seems to get strep every time he HEARS that someone else has it.  Although, this time it was my daughter who was the culprit, which is really unusual.  Thankfully, I had my trusty laptop and was ready to get to business, with one little problem.  I have suddenly become a java junkie.  I need a minimum of 2 cups of good, strong coffee in the morning just to get my brain jump-started, but creamer is a must.  I normally have some at home, but last week I ran out at work and didn't want to make a special trip to the grocery store so I borrowed from Peter to pay Paul.  This was not good!  MUST HAVE COFFEE!

I thought about making the salted caramel creamer, but have really been in a peppermint patty kick lately.  Hmmmm, let me think about this for a second.  Yes, I think I can make something like that.

Here's your Cast of Characters.


2 Tbsps. unsalted butter
1/8 Cup cocoa
1 Cup fat-free half and half
1/8 Cup sugar
1 Tsp. peppermint extract

In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, and add cocoa.


Whisk in half and half and sugar.  Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until it has heated through and sugar has dissolved.


Add peppermint extract and stir well to combine.

Use immediately or refrigerate for 2-3 days, stirring well before each use.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment