Thursday, May 9, 2013

Quick Thai Chicken Pizza

I think a while back I mentioned a new favorite restaurant:  MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill and Pub, and I wanted to reiterate, if you get the chance, eat at one.  They have amazing food and a great atmosphere, and you won't regret it.  My favorite thing is their Thai Pie, which is what inspired tonight's recipe.  It has Thai peanut sauce, basil chicken, Mandarin oranges, scallions, red peppers, peanuts, cilantro and mozzarella.  The flavors compliment each other superbly, and I just can't get enough.  Unfortunately, I don't get to Bismarck that often so I knew I would have to come up with my own version.  Mind you, it doesn't compare to the real thing, but it was still pretty tasty and gave me the fix I needed.

When I was contemplating making it, I knew I wanted it to be as easy as possible.  Enter store-bought pizza crust and peanut sauce, and leftover boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  Perfect for even a weeknight meal.

Here's the thing, I didn't take very many pictures, and no Cast of Characters one, because originally I wasn't going to put it on the blog.  Then, about halfway through, I thought to myself, "Self, why not share this recipe?  There are others who would enjoy it, too."  That's when I decided to grab my camera and get to work.

Here's your Cast of Characters:

1 Tube store-bought, thin crust pizza dough
1 - 2 Cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced and tossed with 1/2 tsp. dried basil (I had leftover Curry Chicken Breasts, which worked beautifully)
1 Bottle of your favorite peanut sauce
1 Small can of Mandarin oranges, drained
3 - 4 Green onions
Red pepper flakes
Salted, roasted peanuts
Cilantro
Mozzarella cheese

Spray a 10 x 15 pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Line it with the pizza crust.  Precook for 5 minutes.  Remove and spread a thick layer of peanut sauce on top.  Sprinkle chicken pieces, pepper flakes and Mandarin orange slices evenly over crust.


I kept a little row free of orange slices since I wasn't sure my husband would like it, which was needless.  He was a fan of both ways.

Next, use kitchen shears to chop green onions and cilantro over the top of the chicken.  Sprinkle peanut halves all around.


Top lightly with mozzarella.  Remember, the cheese is meant to hold things together but not to overpower the other ingredients.  Drizzle a little more peanut sauce all around.


Bake for another 10 - 12 minutes, or until heated through.  Turn broiler on low to brown the top just a little.


Slice up, and serve immediately.


 
 
Enjoy!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Nikk’s Pizza Grill brings best pizza grill takeaway services in Northampton, boasting a range of Chicken Chops/Breast, Doner Kebab, Gyros, Kebab, Napolitano Stone baked Pizza and more. Nikk’s Pizza Grill prides itself on excellent service, quality and value. Our menu is made with quality fresh ingredient.

    ReplyDelete