Monday, March 11, 2013

Growing Pains

Okay, last week, I decided to rearrange the blogging days, but found that didn't work well either.  I ended up only posting recipes on Monday and Wednesday, with a cooking tip on Tuesday.  So, here's the deal:

When I started this blog, I was happy to post everyday.  It wasn't like I didn't have enough material, and I didn't see a problem with this plan.  However, I had a couple of good friends advise me to only post once or twice a week, as long as it was consistent.  But I was really excited about the blog and wanted to maintain it daily.  Everything was rolling along really well until my husband started complaining about all the time I was spending on the computer and ignoring him.  I couldn't really disagree with him, it was very time-consuming and I agreed to a compromise.  That's when I originally went down to 3 days a week for recipes, and 2 days of tips.  That seemed perfect until I started my new job.  It is a new agency and we are trying to build it up, which means that I am putting in a lot of long days.  I'm okay with that, as I look at the big picture, I know it will pay off, but it has put a crimp in some of my activities.

This is where the growing pains are coming in.  I want to keep putting quality posts out there, and have them be consistent, but I am not getting the job done with the schedule I have currently.  So, I am going to try another rearrangement.  Monday nights are a struggle because I work until 7 pm, and am not preparing a meal on that night.  I had already ruled out Friday night because it's the family movie night.  Here's what I am going to try next:  Recipes on Tuesday and Thursday nights with a cooking tip on either Saturday or Sunday.

I am asking that you stick with me while I try to find the right groove with my new job, and I thank you for your understanding and patience as I work out the kinks.

Have a great night!  Tomorrow night's recipe is Florentine Chicken Meatballs with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce!  See you then!

2 comments:

  1. Growing pains suck! But, you have great recipes, and it's a fun read. No worries!! Can't wait to see the the Florentine Chicken Meatballs!! (I got a preview pic. Excited to see the recipe.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, Michelle! Growing pains do suck, but I keep telling myself that we have to go through them every now and then, in order to move forward.

      Delete