Saturday, February 9, 2013

Restaurant-Style Chicken Strips

Well, as you may have noticed, I have been a bit off this week.  Many who know me well might argue that I am a bit off all the time.  Eh, who needs to quibble?  Anyway, I'm not really sure what happened, but I seriously slacked off on the posts over the last few days.  I can only say that work has been crazy busy, which is good since we are a new office, but it has taken it's toll on me, of late.  Now, I don't want to seem like I am complaining, because I'm not.  This week was the best I've had since I started in my new position.  It was incredibly productive and gratifying.  However, by the time I got home each night, my brain had already started to shut down.  I didn't realize until last night that I completely forgot the Tuesday & Thursday cooking tips.  It was because this, long-confirmed, night owl was so mentally exhausted that I went to bed early both of those nights.  It didn't even occur to me that I was forgetting something.  As for last night, I had the recipe all planned - pictures taken and uploaded and was going to write over my lunch break.  There was only one problem with that, you actually have to take a lunch break in order to get the post written.  I was in the middle of a few things and decided to eat at my desk, forgetting until much later what I had planned to do with that time.  Why couldn't I write it after I got off work, you might ask?  I had other plans - very important plans!  Girls' Night Out with 3 of the most amazing women I know!  I knew I wasn't going to get home early enough to get anything written.  So, instead, I'm doing a surprise Saturday post.

Today's recipe is one of those guilty pleasures that we all need to allow ourselves to have, every now and then.  It's not healthy and doesn't pretend to be.  But, that's okay.  It's not meant to be a weekly staple, but a once in a while treat.  You won't believe how easy it is to make chicken strips like you get in a restaurant.  Nice and crispy and full of flavor.

Here's your Cast of Characters.


4 Eggs
1/2 Cup Frank's RedHot Sauce (not any other kind of hot sauce will do)
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Cups flour
1 1/2 Tbsps. Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning
1/2 Tbsp. black pepper

In a large flat dish, such as a cake pan, whisk together eggs and hot sauce.


Cut chicken into strips and place into the egg mixture.



Let the strips marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to an hour.  Then, heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat.  Combine the flour with the seasonings.


Add the chicken strips, rolling until well-coated with flour.



Drop into hot oil, frying until the first side becomes golden.  Then, flip over and repeat.



Total cooking time will be about 15-20 minutes.  Remove to a paper towel covered platter to drain.



Serve while hot and crispy with your favorite dipping sauce, or without - they're good either way.


Oh, so yummy!!


Enjoy!



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment